Busy..busy..busy! It is the day before my big Christmas dinner so there are a ton of things to do. I was so busy this morning that I actually forgot to weigh myself today LOL so will have to wait until tomorrow for an update on the weight loss.
My to-do list today included:
- last minute shopping, I still need to rush out to pick one thing up but I know what I want to get and the store is having a midnight madness thing today so I have until midnight to do it LOL So it is being moved to the bottom of the list.
- housecleaning! I have to admit the past week I have been kinda lax in this area so a top to bottom cleanup is needed.
- Make a Paleo dessert, with a backup plan in place in case it is a flop 🙂
- Make Paleo bread
- My turkey is already stuffed (I cheated and bought a pre-stuffed bird) It’s not Paleo stuffing, but I don’t intend to eat it so that’s okay. The rest of my family is not on a Paleo diet (yet) so I think there would be mutiny if I didn’t make them stuffing and mashed potatoes as part of their Christmas dinner. I’m not worried about being tempted myself. There is plenty of Paleo foods on the menu for me! Today I will do much of the prep work for tomorrow so it all goes off without a hitch.
- Wrap presents! I still have a bunch of gift wrapping yet to do.
It’s evening now and I got through all of my list except the wrapping so I will get up early tomorrow, get the bird in the oven and then start wrapping. My kids won’t be showing up till mid-afternoon so that should leave me plenty of time.
My Paleo diet menu today was:
Beet water and Vitamin D (I saved the water I cooked my beets in. I remembered that when you boil vegetables you boil out some nutrients so when I cooked my beets I saved the water to drink in the mornings. It’s not half bad!)
serving of Paleo Breakfast Casserole
don’t ya love my ducky bowl 🙂
serving of Paleo Pasta and Hot Italian Sausage with 1 tbsp flaxseed oil drizzled on top
garlic biscuit (yep, I made them. they were good, but I need to tweak the recipe a bit before posting)
I was really tired by dinner time LOL was on the run all day so I had a lazy dinner
1/2 pint raw blueberries
2 oz kolbassa
tbsp raw almonds
My magic numbers were 61g carbs, 56g protein and 89 g fats…total 1267 calories. Even in a pinch I still did well. It pays off to have meals prepped ahead of time!